Damages (1st Season)
January 9, 2008

The posts are beginning to form a very high pile… I wish I could have more time for writing, because I don’t want any posts to get lost in my memories :S

Damages (1st Season)Original title: Damages.
Spanish title:
Season: First Season.
Year: 2007.
Genre: Drama.
Country: United States of America (USA).
Language: English.
Episodes: 1 x 55 min + 12 x 45 min.
Color or B/W: Color.
Creator: Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler, Daniel Zelman.
Director: Various.
Script: Todd A. Kessler, Glenn Kessler, Daniel Zelman and others.
Photography:
Music: James S. Levine.
Cast: Glenn Close, Rose Byrne, Željko Ivanek, Noah Bean, Tate Donovan, Ted Danson, Anastasia Griffith.

CuatroCero

Plot outline
Ellen Parsons finds herself running through the streets covered in blood and half naked. Jumping six months back in time, we discover that she’s a lawyer that have just finished her degree and who begins working for Patty Hewes, one of the most famous lawyers of New York City.

Comment without spoilers
The plot of this series is awesome, with a beginning that traps you completely and a very constant rhythm that doesn’t let you get off the hook. The development of the story is excellent and the management of the flashbacks and flashforwards is simply perfect.

The work of the different directors (and also from the directors of photography, from which I haven’t been able to get any information) is very good. For example, using visual perspectives that doesn’t show you the face of a determined character until the end of the scene. However, the best sequence from an artistic point of view are the credit titles of the beginning, which are awesome.

The work of the actors is also of a very high level, but I’d like to specially emphasize the work of 3 of them. Those are Glenn Close, who everybody already knew that was an incredible actress; Željko Ivanek, who was unknown to me until now and who did a great job; and surprisingly, Ted Danson, whom to me has been always a mediocre actor, but that in this series does an excellent job, forcing me to change my mind about him.

The characters that appear in this series are very credible and, most of all, essential, for everyone has something to add to the plot. Also, they’re charismatic and it’s difficult to find a dull personage.

The soundtrack is almost nonexistent, and in the 95% of the scenes the only thing you can hear in the background is the ambient noise. However, in the other 5% there’s a diluted score that emphasizes the events but that doesn’t distracts you and is almost unnoticeable.

With all the praises of the previous paragraphs, you know what to expect from the general atmosphere… is simply awesome, being very solid and absorbing, like the rest of the series.

As you can tell from the comment, I liked this series a lot. In fact, I watched the whole series in one day, without interruptions. So I highly recommend this season to everybody, because together with the second season of Dexter, I consider it one of the best TV series of 2007. And two more seasons have been announced… I hope they maintain the high level and it doesn’t happens to Damages what happened to Heroes with its second season.

List of episodes:

  1. Pilot.
  2. Jesus, Mary and Joe Cocker.
  3. And My Paralyzing Fear of Death.
  4. Tastes Like a Ho Ho.
  5. A Regular Earl Anthony.
  6. She Spat At Me.
  7. We Are Not Animals.
  8. Blame the Victim.
  9. Do You Regret What We Did?
  10. Sort of Like a Family.
  11. I Hate These People.
  12. There’s No “We” Anymore.
  13. Because I Know Patty.

Related Links:

Comments RSS feed

6 Comments

eltercero

Željko Ivanek es el puto crack en la serie. Yo solo lo había visto en la priemra temproada de 24, pero aqui es un papel radicalmente distinto… es sin duda el personaje que mas me caló.

January 10, 2008 | #

mrithail

Además que se ve como poco a poco se va degradando… su actuación es genial.

January 10, 2008 | #

CH

I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those post will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to post more often.

;)

January 23, 2008 | #

mrithail

Hey, I had a db problem… I couldn’t do anything xD

January 24, 2008 | #

scintillula

I enjoyed the 1st season… a classy one :) Left me with a little bit of headache, cause I watched all the season for 2 days :D

January 27, 2008 | #

mrithail

Yeah, I watched it in just one day, so I know how you felt xD

January 28, 2008 | #

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Pages

Categories

Search in mrithail.com

Google engine
Wordpress engine

Calendar

Last Comments

Meta

VacaPolloVaca

License

Creative Commons License
mrithail.com by Carlos Hernandez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial Share Alike 3.0.